FINANCE & ACCOUNTING FUNCTION
Finance & Accounting Function/Section is strategically located in the Main Administration Block of Uganda Institute of Information & Communications Technology (UICT). It’s headed by the Institute Bursar. It has Four established Officers i.e. Bursar, Assistant Bursar, Accounts Assistant Revenue, Accounts Assistant Expenditure.
The Function/Section is the Centre of all financial and Accounting services in the Institute, responsible for maintaining the proper accounting system. It ensures that the financial activities are carried out effectively and efficiently. This is achieved through aligning, priotizing, agreeing and communicating Plans, objectives and targets aiming at achieving a stakeholder focused strategy, which is consistent with the department mission, vision and values.
Provision of efficient, effective and equitable financial and Accounting management services to the entire Institute stakeholder in support of Training and Teaching ICT in Uganda and beyond.
To provide professional financial and Accounting management services that ensures accountability to all stakeholders.
The Finance and Accounts Function/Section reports directly to the office of the Principal for operation purpose and accountability as the Institute Accounting Officer.
The Function/Section is headed by an Institute Bursar
OFFICE OF THE INSTITUTE BURSAR
The Bursar is a member of the Institute Management responsible for:
- Financial Planning and Budgeting for Institute’s Capital and Recurrent Expenditure
- Ensuring effective Financial Management and Resource Utilization.
- Ensuring timely preparation and production of periodical Financial Statements and Final Accounts.
- Advising management on effective/efficient financial management systems.
- Advising Institute Management on Revenue Services and other financial matters.
SOME OF THE SPECIFIC SERVICES OFFERED BY THE SECTION
- Financial Planning and Budgeting.
- Financial Management of all Revenue and Expenditure.
- Monitoring of Pay roll and Payment of Salaries and Wages.
- Maintenance of Assets Register.
- Maintenance of up to date register of Creditors and Debtors.
- Preparation of financial statements and preparation of final accounts.
ACCOUNTS OFFICE STAFF
- MR. OCHOM JOSEPH BURSAR
- MR. ARUMA JOSEPH ASSISTANT BURSAR 0312165129
- MS. NAJINGO ROSELYNE ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT 0312165128
- MR. MUWONGE SAM ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT 0312165130
Direct line: +256 414 545406